- Study at RCSI
- Student Life
- Schools & Faculties
- Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences
- School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Physiotherapy
- School of Nursing & Midwifery
- School of Postgraduate Studies
- Institute of Leadership
- Student, Academic & Regulatory Affairs
- Health Professions Education Centre (HPEC)
- Academic Departments
- Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine
- Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Radiologists
- Surgical Affairs
- Research & Innovation
- Strategic Academic Recruitment Programme
- Research News & Events
- Research Areas
- Principal Investigators
- Research Networks & Centres
- Technology Cores & Research Facilities
- Research Office
- Employment Opportunities
- PhD Projects and Postgraduate Training Opportunities
- Research Ethics
- Technology Transfer Office & Management of Intellectual Property
- Research by Faculty
- Research by Academic Department
- Research by School
- Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R)
- About RCSI
- CEO and Senior Management
- Annual Report
- 3U Partnership
- Contact us and location
- Venue hire
- New academic and education building
- RCSI and the wider community
- Quality Enhancement Office
- Academic Health Centre
- Irish Society of Urology
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences Strategy 2013 - 2017
- Medical Validation Ireland
- RCSI International
The Institute of Leadership at the RCSI is a centre of teaching excellence in the management of health service organisations.
Our core purpose is to educate people working in the healthcare system to develop themselves and their organisations. To facilitate this we have state of the art campuses in Ireland, Bahrain and Dubai.
The Institute of Leadership is based in Sandyford in South County Dublin, easily accessible from the RCSI main campus in Dublin city centre on the Luas and conveniently located just off the M50 ring road around Dublin.
- Internet access and printing: The building is fully wireless. Printing is via account which is accessed via students ID/swipe card.
- Security: Access to the building and each individual room inside is via swipe card and the front desk of the building is manned during opening hours.
- Shops/Restaurants:There are numerous shops, restaurants and coffee shops adjacent to Reservoir House
- Vending machines: The building contains vending machines for soft drinks & snacks.
- Public transport: The Luas 'Green' line stops opposite the front door of the building on the far side of the road. Alight at the 'Stillorgan' stop.
The RCSI has a long history of education, training and health systems development in Bahrain. For over twenty years the College has conducted postgraduate training programmes in Surgery and Family Medicine. The RCSI - Medical University of Bahrain (RCSI Bahrain) was founded in 2004 on the authority of the Government of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
In 2008 RCSI Bahrain moved to its new state of the art campus located in Busaiteen. The new campus has teaching facilities that include three lecture theatres, three laboratories, nine tutorial rooms and a large library with several group study rooms. In addition to the teaching facilities, the new campus has a bookshop and restaurant.
The university campus was officially opened on February 3rd 2009 by HH the Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Bahrain, Sh. Khalifa Bin Salman Al-Khalifa and the President of Ireland, Mrs. Mary McAleese.
The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland-Dubai was established in 2005 and initially located in Knowledge Village. In 2007 the campus moved toDubai Healthcare City.
Participants on our programmes are provided with access to a variety of learning resources such as the Online Learning portal and library facilities. Our award-winning Online Learning Portal supports classroom teaching and contains all of your lecture notes, extra reading material, podcasts and vodcasts. It also gives you the opportunity to participate in lively student forums.
As you would expect from a well-established, international University, the RoyalCollege of Surgeons in Ireland has extensive electronic databases at its library in Dublin and our students in all locations have access to these. All our electronic resources will be accessible to you anywhere that you have a computer and an Internet connection.
Because of our international network and faculty and the diverse mix of healthcare professionals who choose us for their professional development, our courses are popular with both local andex-patriate communities. There is a strong international mix to our student body and exposure to other healthcare systems is significant.
For further information please contact our offices here.