Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland Coláiste Ríoga na Máinleá in Éirinn


All non-EU/non-EEA students are required to have private medical health insurance (which must be purchased in Ireland) in order to obtain the Garda National Immigration Card. 

Students are also advised to insure their possessions (e.g. laptop). This section offers some general information about insurance providers.

Please read

Private Medical Insurance for full-time Non-EEA Students


Private medical health insurance

All non-EU/non-EEA students are required to purchase private medical health insurance in Ireland. 

A reduced annual premium may be obtained by joining a Student Scheme. The Voluntary Health Insurance Board (VHI), Laya Healthcare and Hibernian Aviva Healthcare are the major providers of private health insurance in Ireland. O'Driscoll O'Neil Insurance operate MediCover for overseas students.

Detailed information may be obtained by contacting the following:

Contents and possessions insurance for students

Students residing in halls of residence or private rented accommodation (apartments or houses other than Mercer Court) are advised to have personal belongings insured. Cover4students provides specialist contents and possessions insurance for students.


W: Cover4students