- Study at RCSI
- Student Life
- Schools & Faculties
- Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences
- School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Physiotherapy
- School of Nursing & Midwifery
- School of Postgraduate Studies
- Institute of Leadership
- Student, Academic & Regulatory Affairs
- Health Professions Education Centre (HPEC)
- Academic Departments
- Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine
- Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Radiologists
- Surgical Affairs
- Research & Innovation
- Strategic Academic Recruitment Programme
- Research News & Events
- Research Areas
- Principal Investigators
- Research Networks & Centres
- Technology Cores & Research Facilities
- Research Office
- Employment Opportunities
- PhD Projects and Postgraduate Training Opportunities
- Research Ethics
- Technology Transfer Office & Management of Intellectual Property
- Research by Faculty
- Research by Academic Department
- Research by School
- Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R)
- About RCSI
- CEO and Senior Management
- Annual Report
- 3U Partnership
- Contact us and location
- Venue hire
- New academic and education building
- RCSI and the wider community
- Quality Enhancement Office
- Academic Health Centre
- Irish Society of Urology
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences Strategy 2013 - 2017
- Medical Validation Ireland
- RCSI International
RCSI Library Group Study Rooms
|Mercer Library||RCSI Library, Beaumont Hospital|
Group Study Rooms are specifically provided for the use of study groups from 2 students (min) to 14 Students (max). Booking is on a first-come, first served basis. The time period is one hour, up to two hours may be booked in one day.
|GS Room 1 Level 1, Millen House side||Flipchart only
|GS Room 2 Level 1, near stairs||Screen/connector
|GS Room 3 Level 2, near stairs||Screen/connector||8 seats|
|GS Room 4 Level 2, next to Rm 3||Screen/connector||6 seats|
|GS Room 5 Level 2, next to Rm 4||Screen/connector
|GS Room 6 Level 2, beside Office||Flipchart only||6 seats|
|GS Room 7 Level 2, opposite PC Lab||Screen/connector||8 seats|
|GS Room 8 Level 2, Millen House side||Screen/connector||8 seats|
See the location of the Group Study Rooms in the Mercer Library
How to book a Group Study Room in the Mercer Library:
- Bookings may be made at https://booking.library.rcsi.ie
- Login with your RCSI username and password and follow the on-screen instructions. Do not use the browser back button.
- You will get an email confirming the booking time slot (note this will be sent to the email address the RCSI Library has on record for you).
- This email is sent to the person who booked the room - please share this information with other members of your group.
- Please print or save this email as proof of your booking.
- Please cancel the booking if you no longer need the room – go to https://booking.library.rcsi.ie, login with your RCSI username and password and click on View/Cancel your booking. (Note: if you have two consecutive bookings in the same room, cancellation is not possible for either booking, once the time for the first hour has started)
Conditions of use:
- Bookings can be made a maximum of 3 days in advance.
- A limit of 2 x 1 hour bookings per person per day is in place to ensure equitable access for all students.
- Confirmation of a room booking will be given only to the individual who booked the room, to comply with data protection legislation.
- Occupy the room within 20 minutes and for the entirety of the booking time or the booking is forfeited.
- Keep discussions at a quiet conversational level at all times and not disturb students in adjacent areas (the rooms are not soundproof).
- Switch mobile phones to silent mode.
- Have drinks in lidded containers only; food is not allowed.
- Be ready to vacate the room promptly at the end of a booking to ensure bookings run on time.
- Leave room clean and tidy. Remove any Library materials that you have been using
- Be aware all users of the room are subject to RCSI Library’s Code of Conduct, Food & Drink Policy and Noise Policy. Any misuse of the study room facilities may result in disciplinary action.
- Individuals occupying a room alone may be asked to vacate it if a group wishes to use it.
- This software has been tested on several web browsers and operating systems but we cannot guarantee it will work on all.
- Security staff do not have access to the booking system.
For all questions and feedback contact the Library Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4022407
Download the Mercer Group Study Room online booking information as a PDF email@example.com. Booking is on a first-come, first served basis.