- Study at RCSI
- Student Life
- Schools & Faculties
- Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences
- School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Physiotherapy
- School of Nursing & Midwifery
- School of Postgraduate Studies
- Institute of Leadership
- Student, Academic & Regulatory Affairs
- Health Professions Education Centre (HPEC)
- Academic Departments
- Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine
- Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Radiologists
- Surgical Affairs
- Research & Innovation
- Strategic Academic Recruitment Programme
- Research News & Events
- Research Areas
- Principal Investigators
- Research Networks & Centres
- Technology Cores & Research Facilities
- Research Office
- Employment Opportunities
- PhD Projects and Postgraduate Training Opportunities
- Research Ethics
- Technology Transfer Office & Management of Intellectual Property
- Research by Faculty
- Research by Academic Department
- Research by School
- Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R)
- About RCSI
- CEO and Senior Management
- Annual Report
- 3U Partnership
- Contact us and location
- Venue hire
- New academic and education building
- RCSI and the wider community
- Quality Enhancement Office
- Academic Health Centre
- Irish Society of Urology
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences Strategy 2013 - 2017
- Medical Validation Ireland
- RCSI International
RCSI Mentor Network
What is the RCSI Mentor Network?
The RCSI Mentor Network is a unique interactive portal where senior clinical students can connect directly with Alumni who are working in fields of career interest. This initiative is assisting our students to make informed career decisions as they move from undergraduate education to excellent post graduate training opportunities in healthcare settings throughout the world. Our students reach out to Alumni to learn and be advised as to how best to succeed in their chosen career paths.
Who is the ideal RCSI Mentor?
RCSI Alumni who are 8-15 years post-graduation are best placed to assist our students with their transition plans. Engagement with Alumni can practically contribute to broadening the student mind-set from a campus context to a 'real-world' perspective.
Where are RCSI Mentors?
Our mentors are located in Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, Oceania and South America. This global network of Alumni is active and generous in sharing their wealth of knowledge. Most common interactions include queries about specialist career pathways along with general information on country specific licence and registration processes.
Why should I join?
RCSI has long acknowledged that our global community of Alumni, across 60 countries and over 20,000 strong, is a rich resource of professional expertise and life experience. The RCSI Mentor Network enables RCSI to formalise the potential of this community, using the power of a mentor relationship to harness a wealth of knowledge for the benefit of students and Alumni alike.
How can I join?
We invite you to join our flourishing mentor network today. Please email email@example.com
Watch the introduction video to the RCSI Mentor Network below: